Weather in Myanmar
Although Burma has two distinct seasons – dry and wet – you can visit the country throughout the year. That being said, at the peak of the wet season some regions become inaccessible and some, such as Ngapali Beach, close altogether in preparation for the high winds and heavy rainfall that batter the coast annually.
Like much of South-East Asia, Burma’s dry season runs from October through to May and the wet season from May/June through to early October, when the south-west monsoon starts to blow. Within each season there are variations in temperature, with the dry months leading up to the wet season (March and April) and the early wet season (May and June) usually being the hottest of the year when temperatures can reach astronomical highs. The colder months follow the end of the rains, from October to December/January, when it is cool in the foothills and highland areas, especially at night. The driest regions of the country, avoiding much of the annual rain, are the plains surrounding Bagan and Mandalay which remain relatively dry aside from the odd heavy downpour, all the way through to August.
As a general rule north, upper central and eastern regions are at a higher altitude than those in the west, lower central and south where humidity is higher and temperatures in excess of 40°C are not uncommon during March and April.
The very best months to visit Burma are from November to February however this is also the busiest time when securing accommodation can become problematic. Many experienced travellers often consider the ‘mid-season’, either side of this peak period, as the best time to visit as the weather is still generally very good (albeit ‘cooler’ in the months preceding and hotter in the months following the peak season) and crowds are far more minimal. One of the Selective Asia team recently visited in October and found the balance to be absolutely perfect.
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- 20% off for making eVisa! Let's energize yourself now!
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- 10 Best places to visit in Myanmar (Part 1)
- 9 MUST KNOW MYANMAR TRAVEL TIPS 2018 - Part 2
- 9 MUST KNOW MYANMAR TRAVEL TIPS 2018 - PART 1
- Special offer on Women’s Day!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- Tips in Myanmar
- Money, Exchange and ATM
- Myanmar Holidays in 2015
- Places to go in Myanmar
- Myanmar Overview